Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all
And sweetest is the gale is heard; and sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm...
~Emily Dickinson

Monday, March 4, 2013

Brief note to self.

If there is anything I try to remember it is to be grateful for what I have today.
Not what I had yesterday, or what I wish I did have...just for what I have in front of me this very moment.
Losing perspective can be very easy to do in times of stress or confusion. I see it happening every day to those around me...and to myself. As blinding as love can be, we must never forget what is the most important thing in life.
Yourself.
Without self we could not be good friends, mothers, fathers, or people.
We must above all else love our self and who we are.

I feel as I get older I never fully took advantage of moments growing up.
I never really knew how lucky I was.
Now that I am older I realize how much I took for granted and why today I take each moment with great care and an open, gracious heart.
I gained perspective and realized the importance of today.

So maybe for today try to realize why you have what you do, and be grateful for it...
For all of it.
Even if it hurts, try to learn from it and be grateful for the lesson.
For without having felt pain I find those people to lack depth and compassion.
Without experiencing pain, overcoming it and moving forward I would not experience my life to the fullest of it's potential.
And for that I am very grateful.

I find myself able to laugh harder, smile bigger and listen with compassion due to all I have today.
What is on my plate right now will make me better, stronger, the person my soul knows it will and should be.

Pain is temporary, and hard times will pass.
It is not what you are given in life that changes you, it is how you choose to handle the situation and how you came out at the end that matters...the end of all things difficult in life will change you.
We can learn from our mistakes.
It is possible for change.

Please remember to love yourself, to believe in today and all that you have.
Believe in change and hope for love.
It is there for a reason.


peace.

1 comment: