Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all
And sweetest is the gale is heard; and sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm...
~Emily Dickinson

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

the power of creation...

It is 11pm, Kannon and Kalena have been asleep for 3 hours.
Some nights I will check on them before I go to sleep...just because I want to look at them in slumber.
They are so peaceful.
So silent.
So beautiful.

I can't help but stare at them...these beautifully perfect little people that I created.
I created.
I cared for...and they flourished.
It still amazes me at times how much life will fight for life.

Unless you have children, this might be hard to digest or fully comprehend.
Maybe not.
Maybe we can all look at someone or something and feel a sense of internal pride.
A sense of "holy shit I did that"...

It could be art.
It could be a huge mess.
It could be a child...
It could be MANY things.

In MY case, it is Kannon and Kalena.

My angels.
My flesh.
Sometimes, my mirror images.

If I did in fact bring Kannon into this world with Autism attached, then by god this is my choice.
This is my classroom of life...my homeroom.
THIS IS MY CREATION.

I created a beautiful, chaotic, frustrating, amazing, colorful creation of life.

I chose this.

I am an artist.

Kannon is here for a beautiful reason.

It is his time to be seen, heard, felt and thought about.

peace:)

No comments:

Post a Comment