Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all
And sweetest is the gale is heard; and sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm...
~Emily Dickinson

Monday, January 17, 2011

I couldn't resist writing on the day that celebrates one of the world's most influential humans :)
Also, I feel he stands for all that I think is beautiful and necessary for humankind to flourish.
So that being said, Happy Martin Luther King day.
It is pretty unbelievable the messages he had, the hope he felt for mankind, and the ability to communicate his genius so effectively.

I also saw a bumper sticker today that struck me as quite beautiful...
"Be the change that you want to see in the world"

I am jumping all over the place a bit, but I really feel that change is so good sometimes.
Sometimes, it is necessary to grow.
Sometimes, it can save your life.
Sometimes change can be the scariest thing in the world, yet bring such peace to the soul.

Change yourself, change your situation, your routine...
I remember when I was going through my really dark times in life it was all because of "change"

The difference that makes ALL the difference in having change be a positive thing is this...
When you choose to change, it will be a positive.
When life changes without you expecting it to is when it can really mess you up.
But, it will happen and sometimes whether you realize it or not life is changing because of you wanting change.

I'm not trying to go in circles here, just pointing out a perspective that I would've found helpful when I was going through everything in my past.

So, let your emotions guide you...
Life will consistently change on you, but maybe it is for reasons you intended it to.

Intend that you will be happy, that you will change your life for the highest good.
Know that you deserve happiness, success and peace...know that we are all here for a reason.

Listen to messages like MLK's.

"Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness. "

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. "

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. "
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

peace :)





No comments:

Post a Comment