Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all
And sweetest is the gale is heard; and sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm...
~Emily Dickinson

Saturday, January 1, 2011

opening new doors...

Happy New Years everyone!
I have never been one for New Years resolutions, but I do believe in feeling great about starting a whole new year...full of possibilities and hope :)

I also believe in second chances, and in hoping for wonderful things to come your way.
I also believe that people can change if they want to...change behaviors mostly.
We can change the way we feel about ourselves, and we can change how we react to situations and to challenges...change our behavior.
Changing behaviors is really the root of ABA therapy, which is what Kannon goes through every single day...so I must put my faith in this system.
I must believe that behaviors can be modified for the benefit of a better quality of life.

I once read that for us to move forward we must let go of beliefs, thoughts or anything that no longer serves your needs....your right to move forward in life.
It's almost like cleaning house, it always feels good to have a clean home.
I like cleaning my emotional "home", it feels good to let go of old things to make room for the new.
New possibilities, new hopes, new chances at changing our relationships with those in our lives...and all for the better.
There is always room to be better, even if you have done no wrong...we can always be better people.

We also must always remember why we are where we are, and that due to our own decisions we got there.
It holds us accountable, which is so important in life.
We are where we are because of our own decisions and actions...until we accept that we will restrict our own growth and momentum...again there is always room to be better :)

I find it exciting when I think of the possibilities for this lifetime...
One of the reasons I started this blog was to help those who felt alone, who felt outside of the "mainstream" of life due to Autism.
Ironically, I find it liberating to think out of the mainstream...
It allows emotional freedom, critical yet necessary introspection, and a sort of isolation that can allow growth unlike anything else.

Autism has absolutely opened up so many doors in my soul.
I hope you all find your inspiration that opens the doors in your soul...and that you enjoy the ride.

Happy 2011, I look forward to another year full of blogging my heart out to those of you who care enough to read...and listen.

peace :)



No comments:

Post a Comment