Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all
And sweetest is the gale is heard; and sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm...
~Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A love note to our friends...

I wanted to selfishly write a few words down to some choice people in my life.
They are the ones who have been there without judgement, well sometimes...:)
They were the ones who really listened to me when I needed to talk, the ones who have shown so much love, respect and patience for my life....and I need to put down in words how much it means to me.

This is no particular order whatsoever.

Melissa...my best friend.
I love you more than I could ever tell you. You bring tears to my eyes and my soul. the way you love me and Kannon is a way that no one ever has or will. You held me accountable when I could not. You listened when I babbled on for hours. You were the one person I always knew I could count on...over anyone in my entire life. You loved me more than I loved myself. Your friendship and our relationship means the world to me, and I can't wait until we are gnarly old women together bitching about anything and everything. You are the one I would choose to grow old with if I could :) I love you. Thank you for loving me, and for loving Kannon.

Kyle... :)
I love you. You have never let me down. You have been a voice of reason when I was completely unreasonable. You held my hand and heart when I was down. You make me laugh every single day. You light up my dark moments and bring peace to my soul. You have never judged me, in fact you were always proud of me. I love looking at you, it calms me when I need calm. I love the way you love me. Thank you.

Mom and Sher...
We have had our talks...I have let you both down in the past, and I will never forgive myself for that. Through everything you 2 were my only family. We have lost so much the past few years. When we are together there is nothing but joy and laughter. I am my happiest when I am with the 2 of you. The most important and memorable moment of my life will always be when we watched dad pass away in front of our eyes....just the 3 of us standing around him. It was such a beautiful moment, one that we will always have. Thank you both for your pure love, support and prayers for Kannon. I love you guys so much.

Shannon and Michael...
The love and respect you have shown Kannon and myself has been amazing. You both have been through the very rough times with us, and you never judged. You trusted me. You believed in me. Thank you. You both always provided me with a safe place, both emotionally and physically. I love being in your presence. You both make my heart happy. From the bottom of my heart and soul, Thank you. Kannon loves you, I love you, and we can't wait for the years to come with you guys. :) BTW, what do you do when your gifts go missing from Chuck E Cheese?

Kannon's therapists...
They know who they are :)
In my opinion you are nothing short of angels.
You are saving his life, you are his best friends, you are what he looks forward to every day.
Your patience, enthusiasm and passion for what you do touches me so much.
I have seen you get hit, bit, spit on, pooped on, etc...etc...
Yet you keep coming back every day and fighting for Kannon. Fighting for him to break through all of this.
You are such special, amazing souls. I love having you in our home every day.
I love that you are a part of our life.
Kannon loves you more than he may ever be able to express, but I see it all over his face.
He knows....he knows what is true and what is not.
He knows you are on his side.
Thank you.

AND last, but not least....Kalena.
I know you can't read yet...but I hope someday you will read this.
You are Kannon's sister, you are his biggest fan.
I love how much you love him and look out for him.
You are proud that he is your brother, and I see how proud he is that you are his sister.
You stick up for him at school, and you tell everyone how cool he is.
When you guys run around and play here at home your laughs fill my heart with so much joy.
You love him. You really love him.
I hope you will always be best friends with him.
I hope you realize how amazing you are for loving him so much.
I love you baby girl.
You are our angel.


Kannon is so lucky to have you all in his life.
Thank you just doesn't seem like enough.

We love you.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you.... I don't deserve your kind words. I love you guys sooo much and I miss you everyday. Melissa

    ReplyDelete